Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Fickle wiring? Yashica electro 35 gsn Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Fickle wiring? Yashica electro 35 gsn « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Railcrew
Tinkerer
Username: Railcrew

Post Number: 6

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 05:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

New problem, same camera (https://kyp.hauslendale.com/classics/forum/messages/2/24049.html?1332314279) I got the POD and contacts fixed, the battery light/connection was flickering so I checked the connections, while I had the camera torn apart I guess a wire broke loose, the white wire attached to the battery test button.(top one) That was a chore to fix, I SUCK at soldering.

Anyway, battery works now but something else must be loose because while testing the meter/shutter everything is fine until I get the top put back on, Literally. I even went so far as having it all put back together except the test button cover, worked good till the cover went on, Pow!, yellow light again... I took off the button cover, wiggled the wires , good again. it will be fine for a while then back to yellow light. If I remove the test button cover and push on the wires it works again. The wires are all solidly soldered so I don't know what to do.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nparsons13
Tinkerer
Username: Nparsons13

Post Number: 21

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 02:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the battery test circuit is electronically separate from the exposure circuit. So if your problem is caused by the button cover, then the test wiring must be pushing back against some of the exposure circuit wiring when you put on the cover, physically causing either a short or a wiring disconnect in the exposure circuit.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration